THOMPSON MINE DEVELOPMENT SHAFT

THOMPSON MINE DEVELOPMENT SHAFT

"This neat surface plant will service the underground development program to tie in with openings and installations at the Thompson mine's production shaft. Each of the four fuel oil tanks has a capacity of 175.006 gallons; they were freighted in from Thicket Portage by tractor train and assembled under great difficulties during the depth of winter. In the distance can be seen the ridge, 4 miles away, to which a road has been built to bring gravel for construction of the permanent mine plants and the mill and smelter buildings.” (Inco Triangle, Volume 17, Copper Cliff, Ontario, July, 1957, No. 4, p. 9.)