THE THOMPSON DEVELOPMENT

THE THOMPSON DEVELOPMENT

"In this view, looking east, the Thompson camp and administration offices are seen on the right and the temporary headframes of the two Thompson mine shafts, T-1 (production) and T-2 (development) are on the left with Thompson Lake in the background. The area in the left foreground is the site for the new mill and smelter and shops. Angling out of the picture toward the top right can be seen glimpses of the route travelled over the frozen muskeg last winter by the "snowball express" tractor trains with their cargoes of freight.”  (Inco Triangle, Volume 17, Copper Cliff, Ontario, July, 1957, No. 4, p. 9.)