MOAK LAKE HOUSE

MOAK HOUSE

MOAK LAKE HOUSE

This house, one of the first located at Moak Lake exploration base camp near present-day Thomposn, was originally inhabited by Iian Jackson and his family, and later by Les and Helen Arbuckle. Buildings at Moak included a hoisthouse, staff house, geological field offices, sample house, assay lab, warehouse (which doubled as a weekly movie theatre), garage, firehall, Diesel generator station, dock, accommodations for diamond drilling and mine development crews, and housing for approximately six families.  (H. S. Fraser. Circa 1954.)